SGX Nifty Live charts
What is Sgx Nifty ?
SGX is derivative of Nifty Index trade officially on Singapore Exchange. All the shares of the Nifty does not trading here. It is major competitor product of Nifty futures the transactions of this settle in Singapore Exchange.
Nifty Futures on the SGX in Trade for 16 hours on the exchange while Nifty trades just for 6.5 hrson the NSE stock exchange in India. Investors who are not able to access Indian Markets they trade in SGX Nifty and take the exposure of Indian Stock Market.
Intraday trades take place only during these specific periods that are given below:
- FIRST or T session: 06.30am – 3.45pm(IST)
- SECOND or T+1 session: 4.40pm – 2.45am(IST)
In comparison at SGX, Nifty contracts are traded uptill 16 hours while at NSE it is traded for 6~ hours.
- SGX Nifty is offering an opportunity of trading without constraints of time zone and allows flexibility to international investors.
- Additionally, Singapore is known to be a flexible market where the movement of Indian stocks is visible by SGX Nifty.
- Investors can not access Indian Markets, so SGX Nifty provides exposure to investors for gaining insights about trade in the Indian market.
- The trend of SGX Nifty indicates the direction of the movement of Indian stock exchange. The timing of opening for Indian stock market is 9:00 am for the pre-opening session while the operations for the trading start at 9:15 am, and trading ends at 3:30 pm.
- SGX Nifty offers flexibility to investors in a way that it has different timings of trading which enables the international investors to trade at exchange even when Indians markets have closed down.
- It is often heard that markets most likely open with positive tracking Asian cues.
- An early indication was received when SGX Nifty was up with 35 points. The news of SGX Nifty being traded at 35 points up was viewed as an excellent indicator for positive movement of Indian Market. Hence the opening of the market in such a way is considered a positive opening, and the stock moves higher.
- In another situation if SGX Nifty is notified to open at 25 points down, the result would be that NSE markets open negatively and the points would slide down further.
Future Contract specifications
- S&P CNX Nifty Index is a market capitalization-weighted index of 50 component stocks listed on the Indian bourse.
- Contract Size – US$2 × SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index Futures price ≈ US$11,000* (*assuming futures price of 5,500).
- Contract Months – 2 nearest serial months and Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec months on a 1-year cycle.
- Minimum Price Fluctuation – 0.5 index point (US$1.00)
- Last Trading Day – Last Thursday of the expiring contract month. If this falls on an India holiday; the previous trading day shall be the preceding business day.
- Settlement Basis – Cash settlement.
- Final Settlement Price – Official closing price of the S&P CNX Nifty Index rounded to the nearest 2 decimal places.
- Negotiated Large Trade (NLT) – Minimum 50 lots.
- Margins (as of 11 Aug 2011) – Maintenance: US$550.
- Daily Price Limits – Temporary Price Limits.